- 20 elementary schools,
- 1,068 primary schools (617 for boys and 451 for girls),
- 123 middle schools (76 for boys and 47 for girls),
- 128 secondary schools (80 for boys and 48 for girls),
- 15 higher secondary schools (7 for boys and 8 for girls),
- 2 elementary colleges,
- 1 commerce college,
- 1 polytechnic institute,
- 11 degree colleges (6 for boys and 5 for girls),
- 2 postgraduate colleges (1 for men and 1 for women),
- 3 universities (2 for men and 1 for women);
- 76 mosque schools,
- 14 community schools,
- At least 15 private schools and institutions in Swabi city alone.
The RAHA programme has also been active in Swabi, including a project to construct 8 classrooms in GPS Tpoi.
In rural areas, transportation is an issue, as many of the schools are located substantial distances from refugees homes.
More generally, the enrolment and attendance rates of refugee girls are very low.