- Khyber Teaching Hospital (KTH),
- Lady Reading Hospital (LRH),
- Hayatabad Medical Complex,
- Kidney Centre,
- One police and one Combined military hospitals,
- 16 BHUs,
- 9 Mother and Child Health centres,
- 1 District Headquarter Hospital (DHQH) and
- 1 Tehsil Headquarter Hospital
Private hospitals include:
- Rehman Medical Institute,
- Kuwait Teaching Hospital,
- Naseer Teaching hospital,
- Johar Khatoon,
- City Hospital.
Others notable health centres are: Paraplegic, PIPOS, Fauji Foundation, Al-khidmat Foundation, Frontier Foundation, Molvi Jee Hospital, Marcy Hospital and many private medical complexes and hospitals including Khyber medical complex and various other childrens hospitals. A branch of Shaukat Khanum memorial is also under construction.
A District Health Profile was conducted by PAIMAN in 2009. Since then, the following projects have been conducted within the RAHA programme:
- Rehabilitation works in the gynaecological ward and installation of an incinerator at Khyber Teaching Hospital, in 2013.
- Construction of GAIT analysis lab at PIPOS for artificial limbs.
- Construction of a gynaecological ward in the Hayatabad Medical Complex.
- Constructed/Rehabilitated 13 labour rooms at Basic Health Units.
Refugees and unregistered Afghan migrants generally can access public hospitals without prejudice. However, those Afghans that are admitted normally have to pay for the same services that are free for the host community (e.g. Hepatitis and Thalassemia).